Some of the best food we had in India was at the Lotus Lounge in Varanasi. Apart from having a great location with view over the Ganges River, this is also one of the only restaurants in the city that serves meat, and they have free WiFi.
The Lotus Lounge serves Tibetan and other Asian dishes, and it has a nice laid back vibe. Food is fresh and beautifully cooked, and they wash their vegetables in mineral water so you needn’t worry about getting sick. It’s the perfect place to have a great meal or just unwind with a cup of coffee or chai while you read my blog or check up on online trips in the area ^^ There’s also a yoga class downstairs if you fancy, though it’s not connected to the restaurant.
The pricing is very reasonable and we only paid between $2 and $3 for a meal. We ended up eating every meal here while we were in Varanasi. I can recommend the chow mein – it’s spectacular.
We had a bit of trouble finding it, but it’s approximately in the middle between Manikarnika ghat and Assi ghat (the two outer ghats). There are no signs down by the river, but if you follow the steep stairway, you will find it. It’s worth looking for.
Read next: Things to do in Varanasi
I give it the best review possible. This is based on the location, hygiene, costumer service and quality of food.
More posts from India you might like
- Varanasi (Banares) India – I see dead people
- I got scammed in India (and how you can avoid it)
- Why you should visit an ashram in India
- Jaipur itinerary: 10 things to do in Jaipur for 2 days
- Ranthambore tiger safari – is it worth going?
- How to plan an unforgettable camel safari in Pushkar
- 10 tips for an amazing Taj Mahal visit
- Sarnath temple: An important Buddhist pilgrimage site
- Why you should do a Varanasi boat ride
- Maha Kumbh Mela – Joining 110 Million People at the world’s largest festival
- 10 fun places to visit in Delhi in one day
- Getting blessed by a Naga Sadhu