Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. The country has become symbolic for its man-made islands, largest shopping malls in the world and sky-rise buildings such as the Burj Khalifa and Mall of Emirates. As of 2012, Dubai is the 22nd most expensive city in the world and the most expensive city in the Middle East. Traveling to Dubai will definitely set you back money-wise.
On the bright side there are many things to do in Dubai, from dune bashing and camel riding to shopping and discovering the delicious Middle Eastern cuisine.
Read next: Where to stay in Dubai – including the best areas
Table of Contents
TOP THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
- Explore the city. By bus, metro or taxi you can get around the city in 2-3 hours depending on traffic. Some of the popular places are the Jumeirah mosque and the old part of town.
- Visit Burj Al Arab. Designed like the shape of a ship and being the world’s fourth largest hotel, this is great sight – seen from the outside. It costs between $7,000 and $18,000 per night.
- See Al Khalifa, the largest building in the world at 829,8 meters.
- Shopping. The Mall of the Emirates are one of the biggest malls worldwide, and it features an indoor ski resort at 22,500 square meters.
- Discover the other Emirates. Since none of the Emirates are large in compass, you can easily make a trip to one of the others.
- Go dune bashing. This is an adrenaline pumping experience where you drive through the desert landscape in high speed, causing the car to slide over the sand. Prices start from 100 Dirham up to 400 Dirham for a 6-7 hour trip.
Pin to Pinterest