Looking for the best Bologna food tours in the culinary capital of Italy? Based on personal experience, I’ve handpicked the best rated tours for you.
Taking a Bologna Food Tour is on pretty much every visitor’s bucket list when they visit Bologna.
But, with lots of tours to choose from, picking the tour that’s right for you can be tricky… and also quite time-consuming.
That’s why I’ve created this list of the top 10 Food Tours in Bologna for your next trip!
A visit to the food capital of Italy is meant to be special (and full of Italian food, of course), so this top-rated list will save you hours of time and all the stress of planning!
While you’re there, you’ll discover the rich history of Italian cooking as you explore Bologna’s best dishes, and learn about the fascinating production process.
Ready to try out the best Italian food and local wines in small groups? Let’s jump in so you can book one of the unforgettable food tours in Bologna!
❄️ Read next: 12 things to do in Bologna in winter + Christmas
This post contains referral links for products I love. Adventurous Miriam earns a small commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through my links. Thank you for your support ♡ Learn more
🇮🇹 Quick overview: Top 3 Bologna Food Tours
Bologna Food Experience: Factory tours & family style lunch
Bologna Food Tour from a local perspective
Bologna walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
🍝 10 best Bologna Food Tours
1. Bologna Food Experience: Factory tours & family style lunch
⭐️ RATING: 5.0 from 646 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 8-9 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
If you’re looking for the best food tour Bologna has to offer, book this Full-day tour immediately!
You’ll be picked up in the morning and visit local factories and family-run producers in Bologna’s famous food region, Emilia-Romagna. The car is air-conditioned and you get to enjoy the beautiful Italian countryside while on the road.
- Full day with driver
- Visit local factories and small family-run producers
- Taste authentic Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, Modena balsamic vinegar, and prosciutto
- Delicious breakfast
- Traditional Italian lunch with wine
2. Bologna Food Tour from a local perspective
⭐️ RATING: 5.0 from 486 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 4.5 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
This leading walking food tour is among the top on this list for its comparative food tastings and its nearly 500 5-star reviews on Viator.
Whether you are traveling with an entire group, solo, or with a partner, this Bologna Food Tour from a local perspective is perfect for any visitor hoping to fit a lot of tastings into a short amount of time.
- Family-run restaurants and cafes away from tourists
- Six stops for food, dessert, and wine
- Small-group tour for a more personal experience
3. Bologna walking tasting tour with Secret Food Tours
⭐️ RATING: 5.0 from 384 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 4 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
This Bologna food tour is one of the best options on this list. With a local guide, you’ll savour breakfast, then sample fresh pasta, balsamic vinegar, cheese, wine, Italian ice cream, and a secret main dish—to be revealed on the tour.
- Watch fresh pasta being made from scratch
- 7 tastings (Incl. breakfast and lunch)
- Learn about the ageing of balsamic vinegar on a visit to an authentic bottega
- Find the most interesting stalls at the Quadrilatero food market
4. Classic Bologna Food Tour
⭐️ RATING: 5.0 from 206 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 4 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
When it comes to tasting the amazing food of Bologna, The Classic Bologna Food Tour is easily among the top food tours you can take when you’re short on time and only want to spend max 4 hours.
During the tour, you’ll visit a food market and taste the classic dishes of the region (including tagliatelle al ragu – which you know as spaghetti bolognese).
- Breakfast with gourmet coffee
- Bolognese ragù, cured meat, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Balsamic vinegar
- Local wine like Pignoletto or Lambrusco
- Tortellini (or Tortelloni if you’re vegetarian)
5. Bologna traditional food tour – Do Eat Better Experience
⭐️ RATING: 4.5 from 124 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 3.30 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
On this guided walking food tour, your guide will meet you, and you’ll walk to several restaurants and cafes to taste some of the best Italian food.
Plus, with a local guide by your side, you’ll get the inside scoop on all things Italian that others will miss! As one of the best food tours in Bologna, be sure to book your spot as soon as you can!
- 4 courses (Bolognese ragù, pizza, meatballs and tortellini)
- Local wine and bottled water
- Tortellini (or Tortelloni if you’re vegetarian)
- Gelato and espresso
6. The 10 Tastings of Bologna With Locals: Private Food Tour
⭐️ RATING: 4.5 from 186 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 3 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
This private food tour includes 10 food and drink tastings with rich flavors. The best thing about it? You’ll have the guide all to yourself!
This means you can get personalised tips on food and what to see in Bologna along the way.
- Private experience
- 10 food & drinks tastings
- Discover authentic local delicacies in Bologna
7. Stay Hungry Stay Bologna
⭐️ RATING: 4.5 from 110 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 3 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
This food and cooking tour is a homely food tour. You’re going to lunch at a local’s house where you’ll help cook dishes from traditional recipes.
If you’re looking for a local experience where you also get to make the food, this is for you.
- A bottle of wine to bring home
- Homemade pizza
- Learn to make the food yourself
- Tortelloni and tagliatelle al ragu
- Regional wine tasting
- Grandma’s tiramisu
8. Taste Bologna Food Walking Tour
⭐️ RATING: 4.5 from 10 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 2.30 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
If you’re looking for the best food tours Bologna has to offer, this is one of the top walking food tours. Join a local guide for an awesome day in Italy’s food capital.
You’ll visit the Quadrilatero market, enjoy 3 tastings and get a small sweet treat.
- 3 tastings
- Visit of the ancient Ranocchi workshop and typical local tasting
- Ancient recipes of Bologna
- Guided tour of the Quadrilateral
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Balsamic vinegar
9. Food markets tour with a local!
⭐️ RATING: 5 from 1 review | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 3.5 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
If you’re in the market for hassle-free Bologna food tours, this all-inclusive walking tour is an excellent option.
Gain access to an expert food guide who knows all the best spots in Bologna for panini, mortadella, cheese, balsamic vinegar, handmade tortellini and pasta and much more.
You’ll visit local markets like the Quadrilatero, which is the perfect place to get to know the local food in Bologna.
- Local English speaking guide
- 8 tasting stops with 9+ food tastings + 1 coffee + 2 wine tastings
- Small group tour of maximum 12 pax
10. Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour Full Day
⭐️ RATING: 5.0 from 72 reviews | ⏳ TOUR LENGTH: 7 hours | 🍝 BOOK NOW
Two things are necessary to enjoy the best food tour in Bologna: 1) delicious Italian food, and 2) a great local guide to take you.
Book this Private Emilia Romagna Food Tour and you’ll get both those things — plus all the attention necessary for enjoying the best private Bologna food trip.
- Private tour just for you
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in air-conditioned car
- Parmigiano parmesan cheese, Parma ham & aged balsamic vinegar tastings
- Lunch with wine
FAQ about the best food tours in Bologna
How long does a food tour in Bologna last?
A food tour in Bologna typically lasts around 3-4 hours. If you join a full day tour of Emilia Romagna, like this top rated tour, it’ll last 7-12 hours.
How much does a food tour in Bologna cost?
The cost of a food tour in Bologna varies depending on the tour provider and the type of tour, but prices range between $50 and $200 per person.
What types of food can I expect to try on a food tour in Bologna?
On a food tour in Bologna, you can expect to try delicious local cuisine such as fresh pasta, handmade tortellini, cured meats, parmesan cheese (king of all cheeses), traditional balsamic vinegar, and gelato.
You’ll usually get a glass of wine or two to compliment the food.
Are food tours in Bologna suitable for vegetarians or people with dietary restrictions?
Yes, many food tour providers in Bologna offer vegetarian and other dietary-restriction-friendly options. I recommend that you inform your tour provider of any dietary restrictions in advance.
What should I wear on a food tour in Bologna?
You should wear comfortable walking shoes and casual clothes for a food tour in Bologna.
Always check the weather forecast before you leave, as you might want to bring a jacket or umbrella. You will be walking outside.
Do I need to tip my guide on a food tour in Bologna?
Tipping is not mandatory on food tours in Bologna, but it’s always appreciated if you feel that your guide was great. A tip of 10% of the tour cost is customary.
More posts from Bologna you might like
- How to spend an amazing 3 days in Bologna
- How to experience Bologna in one day
- 10 delicious traditional foods you must eat in Bologna
- Is Bologna worth visiting now? Pros and cons guide